Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Performance That Changed My Life

I decided to make my first post my contribution to Emma's blogathon at All About My Movies. As soon as she told me about her excellent idea, I immediately knew what I would choose as the performance that changed my life, without any doubt in my mind: Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge! I could spend all day listing superlatives to describe her jawdropping turn as Satine, and even then it wouldn't scratch the surface of my intense admiration. So, instead, I decided to do something a little different and make a video tribute to her performance, in the hope of showing you why I adore it so greatly. When I first saw Moulin Rouge!, I was not familiar with Nicole Kidman, nor was I hugely interested in films. She changed this. I fell in love with her, both as a character and an actress, and it remains to this day my favourite performance, as well as the performance that changed my life.

4 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Fantastic video!
IMO Nicole here gave THE star turn of the decade. She is breathtaking, like one of those legendary screen goddesses who seemed to be from another world.

Kayleigh said...

Awesome video...that is one of my all time favourite performances and also a favourite film...she really is spectacular spectacular as Satine!

Anonymous said...

I had the same feeling when heard about this blogathon: the first thing that came to my mind was Nicole as Satine.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.